BIOS seeks a qualified, experienced, self-directed and flexible individual to carry out the functions of the above position, as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cash management - bank transfers and daily monitoring and reporting of bank account activity
- Payment processing - authorization and/or entry of instructions in accordance to BIOS signatory policy
- Bank and credit card reconciliations - preparation and communication with banks and card holders for deadline adherence
- Budgets and budgeting process including entry into financial software
- Inventory management
- Liaise with internal departments for payment notices and AR amounts/follow up on outstanding balances
- Assistance with the annual audit
- Cross train and cover operational responsibility for critical responsibilities - AP/AR/payroll predominantly
- Maintain monthly schedules for reconciliation and recording purposes - investment, loan, payroll, insurance, etc.
- Review of payroll and W-2 processing
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Other general and administrative functions (filing, liaise with external bodies as required)
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as required by Controller and Executive Management
First preference will be given to Bermudians, their spouses, and PRC Holders. No agencies please.
Interested candidates should email their applications including a cover letter, resume/CV, three references and salary requirements to:
HR Manager, The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
17 Biological Station, St. George’s GE01, Bermuda
Closing Date: 7 September 2018
BIOS is an equal opportunity employer in a drug-free workplace and learning environment.