BIOS seeks an experienced Small Boats & Dock Supervisor, who will report to the Small Boats Manager/Dive Safety Officer (DSO).
This individual will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of BIOS’s small boats fleet, as well as the general upkeep and maintenance of the dock area and workshops. This position will require frequent out of normal office hours work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of the small boat fleet
- General upkeep and maintenance of the dock area and workshops
- Pilot boats for scientific and educational groups
- Act as a Guide to these educational and scientific groups
- Assist the DSO in managing dive trips for both educational and scientific purposes
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of dive equipment and dive workshop
This position will involve a high level of interaction with the many groups that use the facilities at BIOS and therefore will require the incumbent to have the desire to provide a high level of customer service and commitment to safety.
Interested candidates should email their applications including a cover letter, resume/CV and three references to:
HR Manager, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
17 Biological Station, St. George’s GE01, Bermuda
Closing Date: 30 November 2015
BIOS is an equal opportunity employer and operates a drug-free workplace and learning environment.
The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences is an independent U.S. not-for-profit marine research and educational organization with 501(c)(3) status and a Bermuda Registered Charity (#116).