An opportunity exists for a Small Boats & Dock Supervisor to join our team. This individual will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of BIOS’ small boats fleet, as well as the general upkeep and maintenance of the dock area and workshops. The successful candidate will report directly to the Small Boats Manager.
This position will involve a high level of interaction with the many groups that use the facilities at BIOS and will therefore require the incumbent to provide a high level of customer service and commitment to safety. The successful candidate will also be required to frequently work out of normal office hours.
Interested candidates should email applications, with cover letter, detailed resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference the job title in the subject line of email) or by mail to:
Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
17 Biological Station, St. George’s GE 01
Phone: 297-1880 ext. 129
Closing date: June 20, 2022
The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS) is an independent U.S. non-for-profit marine research and educational organization based in Bermuda. For over 100 years BIOS has been committed to seeking and sharing fundamental knowledge of the oceans and complex environmental issues through exploration, hands-on programs, cutting-edge technology, and state-of-the-art research methods. BIOS is an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free workplace and excellent learning environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of the small boat fleet
- General upkeep and maintenance of the dock area and workshops
- Pilot boats for scientific and educational groups
- Act as a Guide to these educational and scientific groups
- Assist the DSO in managing dive trips for both educational and scientific purposes
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of dive equipment and dive workshop