We are seeking a hands-on motivated individual to manage and develop Human Resources services, policies and programs at BIOS. The applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- General Ensuring that BIOS HR capabilities and needs are fulfilled on an ethical, confidential, timely, efficient and effective basis. Ensuring compliance with all applicable internal and external policies, practices and regulations relating to HR.
- Employment Managing and developing competitive recruitment, training, performance management, career planning and compensation policies and practices.
- Employee Relations 1) Managing and developing HR staff; 2) Managing and developing an onboarding process to socialize new employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to maximize their contribution to BIOS; 3) Ensuring that staff welfare and morale are maximized.
- Communication Ensuring efficient and timely communication and cooperation between HR department and internal and external stakeholders, including management, staff, board members and government officials.
- Compensation and Benefits Cooperating in a hands-on fashion with Finance and other colleagues to process payroll on a timely, reliable and confidential basis.
First preference will be given to Bermudians and their spouses. No agencies please. Interested candidates should email or fax their applications including a cover letter, Resume/CV, three References and Salary requirements to:
HR Officer, The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
17 Biological Station, St. George’s GE01, Bermuda
Email: HR@bios.edu or Fax: 297-2222
Closing Date: 14th March, 2015
Email your CV, cover letter, and references to:
HR Officer HR@bios.edu