BIOS offers university students the opportunity to gain valuable laboratory and field experience as undergraduate and graduate interns, to work on collaborative research projects alongside BIOS scientists, and to conduct supervised research toward master's or doctoral degrees.
- Cawthorn Cambridge Internship at BIOS (for students of University of Cambridge)
- Canadian Associates of BIOS (for students enrolled in Canadian colleges/universities and Canadian students enrolled in universities outside Canada, but who intend to return to Canada after graduation)
- Dalhousie-BIOS Sea Experience in Shipboard Oceanography (for Dalhousie graduate students conducting thesis research in Oceanography, Ocean Sciences or Marine Biology)
- Lehigh University Iacocca International Internship Program at BIOS (for students of Lehigh University)
- Galbraith/Wardman Fellowship (for rising juniors and seniors currently enrolled at Eckerd College)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) (for U.S. citizens or permanent residents)
- U.K. Associates of BIOS (for students enrolled in U.K. colleges/universities)